Friday, November 25, 2011

Fall/Thanksgiving Tutorial

This look is a warm neutral reddish look perfect for Thanksgiving and fall. Ofcourse these eyeshadows can be substituted in with any colors in your collection but I hoped this helped!
For the eyes, I started off by priming my lids with Benefit's "Stay Don't Stray" eyeshadow primer, and then as a base and to warm up my lids I applied Sephora's mousse blush in "Beige Pudique." This is a mousse blush, but I like to apply it when im doing a warmer look because it adds a peachy shimmer to my lids. I applied it on my lids with my finger and blended it into the crease so there was no harsh color. 
 Next, I applied MAC's "Woodwinked," eyeshadow all over my lid with an Ecotools flat shader brush. Any gold/bronze shimmery color will work- some good dupes are "Golden Bronze" by Milani, and "Cafe Ole," by Ulta.
 Then I blended MAC's "Haux" eyeshadow into my crease with a Lancome crease brush, but any crease brush you have will work. "Haux"is a dark brownish gray with plum undertones however it shows up a lot redder when applied onto the eye then it does in the pot. To add more definition, I blended Clinique's "Coffee Shop" eyeshadow into the outer V and blended it into my crease but any chocolate brown will work.
 As a highlight, I used my finger to apply Two Faced "Satin Sheets" in my inner corner and "In the Buff" on my brow bone with a fluffy brush to blend out the other shadows in my crease. Any light shimmery color with peach undertones will work, and as far as the brow bone shades can vary from person to person, but any matte shadow thats a couple shades lighter than your skin color is always a good choice.
For eyeliner, I lined my top lid with Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in "Zero" (black pencil liner) and I lined the outer corner of my bottom lash line and waterline with "Whiskey" (rich brown pencil liner.) I applied a generous coat of Maybelline Falsies mascara to finish off the eyes.

As far as lips and cheeks go, I went back to the Sephora "Beige Pudique" mousse blush and applied it to my cheeks with an angled blush brush. You have many options for lips but I like to go a little bolder if I'm going to a thanksgiving dinner or something like that. Because I was wearing this to dinner, I applied my Benefit "Benetint," which is just a red stain, and Wet 'n' Wild MegaSlicks Lip Gloss in #568 Bronze Berry to add a glossy finish. 
Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment