Sunday, November 20, 2011

OPI Winter Top 5 Nail Polishes

      So since it getting to be that time of year, I thought I would do a post about my favorite nail polishes for this winter, from my favorite nail polish brand OPI.  Winter nail polishes in general tend to be darker shades.  Sometimes to give my nails an extra wintery feel I'll use my Matte About you by Essie, in the place of my top coat to dull the shimmer of the nail polish.

 My Top 5

'OPI INK'.  It's going on a deep shimmery purple, you could get away with only applying  1 coat, and still get its full depth in color.

'Here Today... Aragon Tomorrow'.  I never really thought i would i want to paint my nails green, but seeing as that my school colors are green and white i decided it might come in  handy one day.  However since I've bought i've fallen in love with it a little bit.  It has kind of a matte finish to it, however the only downside is that you need to do a minimum of 2 coats, and maybe more for it to come out right on your nails.

'Yoga-Ta Get This Blue'.  I like this color because you can use it in summer or in winter.   It's a gorgeous royal blue with a light blue shimmer that is to die for.  Two coats is all you'll need to be ready to go no matter the season.
'Lucerne-Tainly look marvelous'.  I'd like to start off saying i have no idea what the name of this nail polish means.  however what is most important is that I am IN LOVE with this color, it is a must have.  It is PERFECT for winter, I recomend at least 2 coats, and maybe 3 for a deep rich dark silver shimmer.  As you can see this metallic grey has a lot of shimmer to it, which is why I'm kind of in love with it.  Not only does this color just look perfect when your wearing it but the shimmer makes it the perfect nail polish to wear to party's or other event in winter.  I've been wearing it this past week and have not been able to stop looking at my fingers since I put it on.  <3 <3 <3


 'Road House Blue'.  This color is just perfect for winter.  It goes on VERY dark, and looks kind of matte.  It's a deep purpley-blue color, and you can be done after just 1 coat.  I like it because I never, and really do not black nail polish, but this color is like the next best thing for me.
xoxo,
Jbush

question: what are your favorite winter nail polishes?

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post! I love your sense of style!

    Fox House giveaway on my blog!
    Take a look and if you like follow me, I’ll be waiting for you: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a new blue shade. Love the last one and the opi ink -x-

    ReplyDelete